We welcome both new and returning patients to Burnaby Heights Orthodontics.
Your First Visit: What to Expect
During the first consultation appointment with our team, you will meet with one of our doctors and new patient coordinator.
We will do a full review your health and dental history, will take digital photographs of your smile and will complete a thorough orthodontic needs examination.
After we've gathered all the information we need, we will explain the orthodontic process – supported by a video which demonstrates the various steps of evaluation and record taking.
The next step is to review the orthodontic treatment options available to you, along with length of treatment and costs involved.
Throughout all this, we will gladly address any and all of the questions you may have.
As we get to the end of your first visit, we will discuss the schedule and the appointment times that work best for you and/or your child.
Scheduling, Reminders & Cancellations
We respect your time and always try our best to stay on schedule. Automated email appointment reminders will be sent one week in advance, and again one day in advance of your visit. To cancel or postpone your appointment, we respectfully ask that you provide us with as much notice as possible to reschedule.
Financial Fees & Payment
We strive to provide you with accurate and thorough estimates of our fees before providing any treatment. We will never charge you more than the amount of our estimate without advising you first.
We accept payment by direct deposit from your insurance company, e-transfer, cash, debit, or Visa or MasterCard.
Please feel free to ask us for more information, or to discuss individual financial arrangements for you and your family.
Health Smart Financial Services Inc.™ offers an easy-to use extended financing option for your oral health needs.
What is included in your first consultation?
- Personal orthodontic consultation
- Review of medical & dental history
- Facial exam
- Intraoral exam
- Gum disease screening
- Oral cancer screening
- Extra-oral pictures, if indicated
- Smile aesthetics analysis
- Upper and lower jaw size analysis in three planes of space
- Tooth eruption and sequence of eruption analysis
- Bite & tooth crowding analysis
- Jaw joint exam
- Addressing of your primary concerns
- Review of treatment options
- Discuss the options for braces or appliances that would fit your case
- Approximate length of treatment
- Presentation of fees, interest-free monthly payments, and insurance inquiries